In 2021 we had to make a switch to a virtual event with all our participants taking part on their own or in small groups at a time of their choosing between Mother’s Day and Father’s Day.
Since we didn’t have any time or route limits, participants were able to choose their distance (5km, 7km, 10km, 20km, 40km) as well as how they wanted to complete it- run, walk, skate or bike. Also unique for 2021 were challenges to complete two distances during the event period, Lakeshore Challenge: 5km+10km, Grove Challenge: 10km+20km, or Huron Challenge: 20km+40km.
Here’s a short overview of the event by the numbers:
- 2 – age of youngest participants (three-way tie) who completed the 200m
- 42 – breakfasts enjoyed from John’s Restaurant
- 86 – age of our oldest participant, who completed the 20km bike
- 131- total participants
- 1,683.4 – total km covered by all our participants – about the distance from Bright’s Grove to Saint John, NB
- 2,940 – the distance in km from Bright’s Grove to our furthest participant in Calgary
- $10,481.83 – funds donated by participants and their supporters!
Thank you to our sponsors!
Click here to see last year’s photos:
2017 Results (click on event):
Category results are available by sorting by heading in the linked documents.
Chiptime final results (click on category)
5k Fun Run
Category Winners (click on category)
10k Road Race
5k Fun Run
10k Race Father/Child team, combined age 51 – 75 years
10k Father/Child team, combined age 76 years and over
Many thanks to the Sarnia Photographic Club and others for thousands of great photos.
10k Race All Ladies
10k Race All Men
10k Race Ladies 13 and Under
10k Race Ladies 14 – 19
10k Race Ladies 20 – 29
10k Race Ladies 30 – 39
10k Race Ladies 40 – 49
10k Race Ladies 50 – 59
10k Race Ladies 60+
For photos, click here.