Position: 6 month contract possibility of extension
Hours of Work: 20-25 hours a week
Accountable to: Executive Director
Scope of Job: This position requires flexible hours, after school hours
- Provide admission team with guidance and recommendations regarding admissions/discharges.
- Provide individual counselling to residents while they are receiving residential services from Huron House Boys’ Home.
- Provide individual, family, and parenting skills (if appropriate) to the parents of the youth, in preparation for the youth to be re-integrated back into the family, if the plan of care supports this re-integration.
- Maintain a client database used in tracking success-based information.
- Attend all staff meetings and provide consultation to staff when necessary regarding the treatment required for each youth.
- Provide follow-up consultation to all staff regarding treatment plans.
- Assist the Executive Director in providing clinical support and consultation to the rest of the staff.
- BSW, MSW or MA in counselling degree from a recognised university.
- Professional or College Certification in Social Work required.
- Knowledge of residential services and residential care.
- Ability to present cases in a professional and orderly manner with assessment and consultation skills.
- Superior writing skills.
- Superior communication skills
Salary as per CBA
We actively encourage applications from qualified men and women, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities. We are committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process.
Please submit resume to Don Adam, Executive Director via email to email@example.com by April 19, 2021. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.