Since 1987, the “Boys’ Home Run” has been a feature of Bright’s Grove every Father’s Day.
In 2021 we had to make a switch to a virtual event with all our participants taking part on their own or in small groups at a time of their choosing between Mother’s Day and Father’s Day.
Since we didn’t have any time or route limits, participants were able to choose their distance (5km, 7km, 10km, 20km, 40km) as well as how they wanted to complete it- run, walk, skate or bike. Also unique for 2021 were challenges to complete two distances during the event period, Lakeshore Challenge: 5km+10km, Grove Challenge: 10km+20km, or Huron Challenge: 20km+40km.
Here’s a short overview of this year’s event by the numbers:
- 2 – age of youngest participants (three-way tie) who completed the 200m
- 42 – breakfasts enjoyed from John’s Restaurant
- 86 – age of our oldest participant, who completed the 20km bike
- 131- total participants
- 1,683.4 – total km covered by all our participants – about the distance from Bright’s Grove to Saint John, NB
- 2,940 – the distance in km from Bright’s Grove to our furthest participant in Calgary
- $10,481.83 – funds donated by participants and their supporters!
All prize winners have been contacted and prizes mailed.
Photos and results from past years are available here.
We look forward to being back at Mike Weir Park in 2022!
Thank you to our sponsors!